Sunday 30 November 2014

Maiden mittens

Temperatures are dropping below zero at night. 
Totally not comparable to the situation in the US but.... it is cold for Dutch understandings!


Especially little ones get cold hands during this temperature.
So I decided to make a pair of mittens this sunday.



I wanted to make a pair of simple mittens which I could decorate with a little flower. 
I used a button as a little extra detail.

I noticed that good patterns for mittens are quite a search. But I managed to find a perfect pattern! Which I will share with you ofcourse.

I added some extra strenght to the part between the thumb and the hand. Just by sewing a thread through some stitches.

It does help because now the part is totally closed and you don't even notice it.


The mittens come in 3 sizes: Preschool / Older kids / Women - Men
The design is made by Brenda Anderson, you can find the patttern over HERE.
Trust me, this is one of the nicest mitten patterns.

The yarn I used is a baby wool. very soft and perfect for little children (or grown ups) who don't like the prickly effect of wool but do enjoy the warmth.


Baby Wool Light Pink at Haaksels - Ice Yarns

  • Fiber Content :,
  • Needle Size :4 - 4.5 mm. / US -
  • Weight :50 gr. / 1.76 oz. per ball
  • Length :150 m. / per ball
  • Yarn Thickness :


  • Color Options

    No comments:

    Post a Comment